Getting a visa to study in the UK!

Following the UK’s exit from the European Union, some students may need a visa in order to study in the UK. We know that this can be daunting, but don’t worry – it’s much simpler than it sounds!

What kind of visa do I need?

That depends on how old you are and how long you’ll be in the UK for.

Remember that different programmes are available to you depending on your age and the length of time you’ll be in the UK for.

At InterStudies we have many years of experience helping students study in the UK. Our team are here and ready to guide our students through the programmes available and the visa application process!

Frequently Asked Questions

This depends on the type of visa that you’re applying for. Costs range from around £100 to around £400. However, the price may change over time.

The earliest that you can apply for a visa is six months in advance. If you’re studying on one of our programmes, we recommend that you wait until we have confirmed your placement to apply for your visa. A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number may also be required as part of your application.

If you’re staying in the UK for more than six months, then yes, you’ll need to take an English language test. We’ll be in touch to let you know exactly which test to take, but we recommend that you take it as early as possible.

The length of time can vary, but it usually takes around a month. We recommend you allow plenty of time!

Yes – that’s a requirement if you’re staying in the UK for more than six months. It means that you can use the NHS (National Health Service) while you’re here.

No – your visa will be issued in accordance with the courses you choose to study and the school you will attend, so once you’re in the UK, you can’t change your mind.

Unfortunately not – your visa is specific to the amount of time you’re in the UK for. Once it’s been issued, you can’t change or extend this, in line with government rules.

Please note that the above information should only be viewed as guidance. For the most accurate and up to date information, please check the government website.

Explore our programmes in the UK

error: Content is protected !!